My favorite technology tool in the class is the digital camera. My kids have access to it all day and they are allowed to get it anytime to take pictures of things they want to document or share. We review the pictures at the end of each week and I send home them home via email for the parents to see every Friday.
A few things I love about the digital camera (when kids are given control)...
- it is a way for the students to share learning (gives them a voice)
- we get to see things from their perspective
- it is a review of their learning
- they are practicing how to capture a thought with an image
- the students learn how to use a camera
I feel this tool is often overlooked in the classroom and is available in almost all classrooms. I know there are many more reasons, what would you add?Pin It