Can you imagine having all of these cool tools right inside student books? There is another great site that I just learned about last week called iBooks-Widgets. (Click on the picture below for the link.)
This site costs money but for educators you get 50% off! Of course, I had to purchase these fabulous widgets and can't wait to use them in my books! I have some great plans for books this summer! Can't wait! Take a look at this split screen widget. Students can have a passage on one side with questions on the other to answer about the passage right within the book! The split worksheet widget currently supports the following question types:
- Text multiple choice: the student has to pick an answer out of several given text choices.
- Text multi select: the student has to pick one or more answers out of several given text choices.
- Image multiple choice: the student has to pick an answer out of several given images.
- Single line text question: the student has to type in a single line (or word) of text.
- Multi line text question: the student has to type in multiple lines of text. This is useful for essay questions.
- Fill-in-the-blank question: the student is given a text with one or more pieces blanked out.
- Picture ordering: the student has to place the given images in the correct order.
- Word ordering: the student has to order a set of words.
- Word match: the student has to connect words or sentences on the left with answers on the right.
- Word picture match: the student has to connect words or sentences on the left with pictures on the right.
- Picture picture match: the student has to connect pictures on the left with pictures on the right.
Another great thing that I like is I can take projects such as Puppet Pals presentations, Videolicious videos they have created and put them right into the book! The possibilities are endless! If you would like to learn how to create your own iBook you can enroll in my free course by clicking on the QR Code below with your iPad. Download the iTunes U course app and add this course to your library. You will find videos in the course to teach you how to begin creating your own book. I will be adding more videos about these new widgets as soon as I have time! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
The Digital Classroom