Hi From Techie-Bytes!
I am so very excited for this fabulous opportunity to contribute to Technology Tailgate! I would like to take a moment to introduce myself…My name is Karen (Kiki) Evans and I am one of seventeen facilitators at Frisco ISD (Texas). I was a classroom teacher for 13 years and completed my Masters in Educational Technology in 2002. August 2012 will begin my 11th year at Frisco ISD as a Technology Integration Facilitator (TIF).
As a Technology Integration Facilitator, my primary duties are: assisting educators in integrating technology into their curricula, curriculum writing and multiple staff developments. Additional duties include:
- Assist educators in creating/planning multimedia projects (i.e. Mac Applications / Implementing Web 2.0 Apps/ Digital Storytelling / Podcasting / Publisher / PowerPoint, etc)
- Assist educators with Web 2.0 tools (blogs / wikis / podcasting / vodcasting / social networking / social bookmarks / RSS feeds, etc)
- Eduphoria / eschool / MacBook - Apple Applications / MS Software Applications / District Software and Document Camera training/troubleshooting
- Discovery Streaming / School Objects (eduphoria!) support
- Organize videoconferences involving outside providers and inter-district locations
- Provide web resources / develop computer center / templates / create scavenger hunts / hotlist / WebQuests
- Fulfill any/all additional technology requests from educators
I am the developer/creator of the Dovewhisper Computer Centers. These free online interactive computer centers were created as an effort to assist teachers in both incorporating technology and enriching their curricula. It is my hope that you and your students will find this site most beneficial and enriching. Please know, I am in the process of converting the centers to a new program. PreK and Kindergarten are complete and grades 1st - 5th will be ongoing.
One of my goals this year, is to work closely with a few teachers, implementing more Web 2.0 apps/Digital Blooms. I plan on posting these projects on my blog as well as my Digital Blooms Wiki. If you get a chance, please check out my sites!